Book Title/Author: The Boyfriend List by E. Lockhart
Publication Date/Publisher: March 22, 2005/Delacorte
Series: Yes, Ruby Oliver #1
Source and Format: Borrowed from Library
Rating: 4 stars
Fifteen-year-old Ruby has had a rough ten days. During that time she:
* lost her boyfriend (#13 on the list)
* lost her best friend (Kim)
* lost all her other friends (Nora, Cricket)
* did something suspicious with a boy (#10)
* did something advanced with a boy (#15)
* had an argument with a boy (#14)
* had a panic attack
* lost a lacrosse game (she’s the goalie)
* failed a math test (she’ll make it up)
* hurt Meghan’s feelings (even though they aren’t really friends)
* became a social outcast (no one to sit with at lunch)
* had graffiti written about her in the girls’ bathroom (who knows what was in the boys’!?!)
But don’t worry! Ruby lives to tell the tale. And make more lists.
In a word, charming. In two words, perfectly angsty. I wish I had picked up the whole series at once for a lovely binge read.
Spring Fling: Wow, boy crazy teenage girls are kind of annoying!