This week, The Broke and the Bookish is asking for the Top Ten Books We Would Consider Our Favorites in the Last 3 Years. To make it easier for myself, I’m only doing the last 2 years, because I have a super handy excel spreadsheet to look at instead of slogging through goodreads.
1. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta – JONAH GRIGGS
2. Chaos Walking Trilogy by Patrick Ness – I’m cheating and doing several series on this list. Choas Walking is a surprising addition in my mind, because of how hard it was for me to read. I DNF’ed The Knife of Never Letting Go on like page 3 the first time around.
3. After I Do by Taylor Jenkins Reid/Nowhere But Home by Liza Palmer – Sorry to squeeze you in together, adult books, but you both became super important to me over the last two years and I had to make you both fit.
4. The Newsflesh Trilogy by Mira Grant – I read this series twice in once year because it’s that super amazing.
5. Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley – I still got a lot of feels in my re-read, especially about Til The Heart Caves In by Michael Zavros and the horse tumlbing bits.
6. The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay – I read this in July 2014 and my heart still hurts from it.
7. Something Like Normal by Trish Doller
8. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
9. MAGGIE STIEFVATER – I couldn’t pick between The Scorpio Races and The Raven Cycle (and maybe even Sinner because I’m pretty sure Cole St. Clair and Isabel Culpeper are my OTP, or at least tied with Gansey and Glendower).
10. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer/Daughter of Smoke and Bone Trilogy by Laini Taylor – I’m bad at top ten lists but hate going over. I feel like these are some of the best representations of sci-fi/fantasy in YA, with Meyer’s fairy tale retellings and Taylor’s beyond gorgeous writing.