This week, The Broke and the Bookish is talking about characters and desert islands, but I’m talking about books I want to re-read. I used to ONLY re-read the books I already owned, or check out certain books from the library over and over again. In the last few years, probably upon discovering Goodreads yearly challenge, I evolved into a different kind of reader. I will still re-read for a series refresher, but that’s about it. There are so many books I’ve read and loved and I feel like I can’t fit the time for a re-read into my reading schedule (which I’m basically doing away with, but more on that at a later time).
So, without further ado, here are the first 10 books I plan on re-reading that aren’t for a series refresher (otherwise please add The Diviners and The Raven Cycle books).
- Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta – someone said JONAH GRIGGS on twitter last week and that was enough of a reason
- Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley – one of the first books I read after becoming a book blogger, and still one of my favorites
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline – since I secretly started playing a MMORPG again AND I loved this book I feel like it’s time for a reread
- After I Do/Forever Interrupted by Taylor Jenkins Reid – I JUST read these, and I’m already dying to read them again
- The Sandman by Neil Gaiman – I need a reread for tattoo inspiration anyway, but this series of graphic novels is my favorite
- Chaos Walking Trilogy by Patrick Ness – (muffled sobs)
- The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson – (muffled sobs continue)
- God-Shaped Hole by Tiffanie DeBartolo – Still with the sobbing, but I just really love to be emotionally ruined by books
- The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater – What if I read all these books one right after the other and just sobbed for two weeks straight?
- Nowhere but Home by Liza Palmer – This book instantly became a part of me and I’ve been dying to reread it ever since I read it last year.